There is some good news: According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, no evidence has emerged to suggest that you can contract the coronavirus in pools, hot tubs, water parks or in large bodies of water like at the beach.
Even though it appears that the coronavirus does not appear to spread in water, it is good to remember:
- It’s still unknown if the spread of coronavirus will slow down in the summer
- You should still maintain 6 feet of distance, both in the water and on land
- Washing your hands and cleaning surfaces remain a priority
- Don’t share pool floats, goggles or any other equipment
- Face masks are also recommended in certain areas
In addition, as there is more experience with Covid-19 and pools, the recomendations may change.